Part-time job opportunities on campus are a great and a convenient way to get involved in your school community, meet new people, and earn money while you get your degree.

Kinesiology and Physical Education — St. George campus

The faculty of Kinesiology and Physical Education (KPE) is one of the largest employers on the St. George campus, offering a variety of part-time and casual jobs. They hire pool lifeguards, aquatic instructors, event staff, customer experience assistants, fitness coaches and assistants, and athletic service attendants, to name a few. These positions are open to all students that meet the hiring criteria — for example, those who have the appropriate first aid certifications. KPE offers some on-campus courses to meet these criteria, so interested students can get certified.

U of T Libraries

There are 42 libraries across three campuses, some of which offer positions for students. Students can log into the Library Student Jobs website with their UTORid to view vacancies and open positions. If a student is interested in working with a specific library that is not listed, they can contact that library directly.

Teaching Assistant positions

Many students interact with teaching assistants (TAs) throughout their degree, since they teach tutorials, mark course material, and hold office hours. Both undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to apply for TA positions and the availability of these positions can depend on the year and program. To be considered for a TA position, you may need to be in a certain year or graduate program or you may need to have prior teaching experience. TAs are members of CUPE 3902 and you can apply for the TA positions through their website.

The CLNx and job boards

The Career & Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) is a great platform to search for part-time jobs as a student. Students can log in with their UTORid and browse the Casual Job Board for off-campus positions, such as tutoring and translating gigs. The off-campus jobs section features more positions from other companies in a variety of industries. To look for jobs on one of the three U of T campuses, check out the on-campus jobs section, which features positions such as administrative jobs, mentorship positions, assistant roles, information technology roles, and many others across different faculties.

Work Study Program

The U of T Work Study Program offers paid, on-campus jobs that can help students understand the ways in which the skills they develop during their studies can be translated into the working world. Over 3,500 students participate in the Work Study Program every year, and it is held twice a year — once in the fall and winter semester, and once in the summer. These jobs are guaranteed to pay $15 per hour and require about 10 to 15 hours of work per week.